We are currently looking for an Agile Project Manager
Ackama was set up to make the world a better place by creating better technological solutions while caring about social outcomes. We build web applications and websites for a range of clients, particularly in the Not-For-Profit and Government sectors. We believe technology can make the world a better place by improving, even in small, incremental ways, systems that impact many people. We undertake consulting and strategy work with our clients about what they should build; we utilise UX and design to help guide how to build them, and we have strong delivery teams to bring those ideas to life.
We focus on doing the right thing for our clients at the right time and being their complete digital partner. That means work can range from helping sort out a smaller CMS build and organising a UX review through to managing large bespoke application builds. You’ll need to be comfortable managing multiple projects at the same time and varying your toolbox to match the requirements of any given project.
This is a client-facing role and we are looking for an individual with great interpersonal skills; someone who builds confidence with our clients, works collaboratively with team members, and can operate well working on a number of projects from conception to delivery.
As an Agile Project Manager you will:
- Be an excellent communicator - both internally with your team and in client-facing meetings. You will help drive conversations to a conclusion and show leadership when communicating with clients and managing expectations.
- Be able to prioritise tasks and make the right calls on when things need to be escalated and how you keep your team focussed on delivery.
- Leverage Agile (we generally use either scrum or Kanban depending on project variables) practices to increase the performance of the delivery teams while increasing customer satisfaction, software quality and staff engagement.
- Collaborate with other Project/Delivery managers to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the successful execution of projects.
- Work with Technical Leads to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage the financial aspects in projects including invoicing clients and accurately tracking project expenditure.
- Work closely with senior leadership to manage project risks.
- Have a growth mindset and continually develop your leadership and technical skills.
The experience you will bring is:
- Significant experience working in an Agile environment as a digital project manager, producer, strategist or Similar with strong project management skills.
- Proven facilitation and coaching skills.
- An open and effective communication style and strong interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience working for a company that is service rather than product oriented.
- Capacity to think holistically about client business needs and user/audience requirements.
- The ability to manage budgets and timelines along with other project deliverables.
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail and time-management.
Gender Equality and Diversity
Ackama is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and flexible workplace culture.
People of all ages, genders, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply by submitting their cv and cover letter to email@example.com - any attached documents should be sent as a PDF.
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role. No companies or recruiters please.